Saturday, August 28, 2010

Two New eCraft Videos!

I have been cutting up a storm around here!  I have two new videos for you.  First off, cutting vinyl with the eCraft.  I did this cutting Oracal 631 vinyl, and used a pressure setting of 4, and tab density of 0.



Next, I decided to see if I could cut some fabric!  It went great, I am very happy with the results! The key to doing this is to apply Heat and Bond Ultahold Iron On Adhesive to the back of your fabric.  Other iron on adhesives may work as well, but I did not test any other after realizing that this one worked!  Remove the backing paper.  Put your fabric (Heat and Bond side down) on top of a piece of cardstock.  Load into the eCraft.  I used a pressure setting of 8, and tab density of 0.  Here is the video demonstrating this.



Here is a picture of some of the flowers that I cut using this method.



I have more results that I will share with you tomorrow.  I am also planning on launching the eCraft Settings Chart tomorrow as well!  If you are new to my blog, check out the GIVEAWAY!

4 comments:

KimberlyRae said...

Wow! Thank you for this video Denise!!
You make it look so easy to use this machine and what if can truely do! {goes mute half way though].
Have you used the magnet sheets, yet? :)

Denise O'Connor said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the video. I have several more planned for when the software update comes out. I have not tried the magnet sheets yet, but Julie Flanagan has and she reported that they cut well at a pressure of 8, no tabs, no CS stabilizer with blade safety cap on. If you haven't done so yet, download a copy of my eCraft settings chart and you will see there everything that has been tested.

Library of Health and Fitness said...

Thanks Denise, unfortunately the sounds goes halfway through - I was hoping whether you could tell me if the flowers can then be ironed onto fabric? Thought it would be cheaper than using vinyl on tshirts? Many thanks for all your help on your blog.

Allison said...

As I'm sure you know the sound on this video (the fabric one) goes out half way through...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...