Friday, August 20, 2010

All Booked Up Birthday Card

Well, yesterday I had posted that it was my MIL's birthday and that I was going to go over to her house and put up the vinyl wall art piece that I made for.  Unfortunately, my hubby and my FIL were not feeling well and so the birthday celebration has been postponed.  We may do a combination birthday celebration because my FIL's birthday is on Tuesday.  Since, this happened I was unable to put up her vinyl wall art for her.  I was disappointed because I cannot wait to see what it looks like all put together!

I thought that for today I would show you the card that I made for my MIL.  She doesn't read my blog, so I have no worries about her seeing it before I give it to her.  I actually made this card really quick yesterday, because I was not happy with the one that I had previously made, AND I got my Papertrey Ink order from release night.  I did not order the All Booked Up stamp set last month when it was released because I was debating if I wanted it.  I decided that I definately did want it.  I am a huge book reader, and I have been known to give books as presents.  My MIL is also a book reader, so I knew that the theme would be great for her as well. 



For this card, I used the colors from Papertrey Ink Color Couture Volume 2, which are Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, and Vintage Cream.  I used the Text Style stamp set in Ripe Avocado ink on Spring Moss, and the same color combination for the circle image from All Booked Up.  The frame is from All Booked Up and was stamped in Pure Poppy on Berry Sorbet.  The sentiment is from Everyday Button Bits and stamped in Vintage Cream.  I used a Vintage Cream card base, and also Berry Sorbet saddle stitch ribbon.  I used some of my Copics to color in parts of the circle image.  Overall I am pretty happy with it, but I think that it could be better, just haven't figured that part out yet.

On a side note, I am planning on going to the Scrapbook Expo in St. Charles today.  It will all depend on how well my hubby is feeling today and if he thinks he can stay with the kids so I can sneak out for a couple of hours.  I may have to go on Saturday instead.  Regardless of when I go, I will take pictures of anything that I find interesting and I am sure that I will come home with some goodies too.  I have been having some problems with my digital camera, and decided that it is time for a new one.  I have had this one for almost three years, so it is probably not worth repairing.  I ordered a new camera, and hope to have it Monday or Tuesday, which is perfect timing.  My darling son, Jared starts Kindergarten on Wednesday, and of course I have to capture the event in pictures! In the meantime, my old camera still works and I also can use my IPhone if need be, but I really want these pictures to be great.  He only starts Kindergarten once!

Thanks for visitng me today, and here's the GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...