Sunday, August 1, 2010

My First Digital Scrapbook Page & eCraft News

So I have been a traditional scrapbooking for several years, but I have really done very little with Digital Scrapbooking.  If I want to get to the point where I am doing Hybrid Scrapbooking, I really need to learn more about Digital Scrapbooking.  When I was at the CHA Supershow on Friday, I stopped by the JessicaSprague.com booth.  In case you don't know, Jessica Sprague is a Digital Scrapbooking teacher and she does online classes.  I have recently order a Book and DVD set by Patty Debowski from theDigitalScrapbookTeacher.com, but I know that sometimes it is best to hear things from more than one source, it just helps things sink in!  So when I was at the Jessica Sprague booth, they were taking pictures of people and turning them into scrapbook pages.  I did not volunteer to have my picture taken because at that point, I had just left the Papertrey Ink booth and had waited in line for 45 minutes so I felt that I probably did not look my best!  But I did watch for a little while, and I also collected a pamphlet which directed me to a free online class.  Yesterday I decided to do this class and see what happened!  The beginners class shows you how to use a "Quick Layout".  Basically that means that everything is already there for you, all you need to do is add your picture and some journaling.  It definately was a good beginner class, and I did learn a thing or two, so it was worth it.  Here is what I created using the free Quick Layout that I downloaded for the class.



After I created this file, I sent it off to Costco to be printed on 12x12 Glossy.  I am so lucky that I live less than 5 minutes from Costco!  The print turned out gorgeous!  I wish I had ordered one in Matte to see how that looks, because the Glossy is so shiny that I think it might not mix well with traditional scrapbooking embellishments and could even cause some adhesive issues.  The Glossy finish is the very reason why I had to take this picture at such a steep angle, I had the hardest time trying to get a picture without any light reflections off of it.  Next page I do I will print in Matte and let you know what I think.

On another note...my eCraft has not shipped yet, but I will let all of you know when I expect to receive it, and when I expect to have my first eCraft videos posted.  While we wait for that, I am going to play with all of my new toys from CHA and share them with you.  Be sure to stop my tomorrow because I will be showing you a card that I am making with Papertrey Ink's CHA Exclusive Set called 4 of a Kind.

There is also a new eCraft video that Tom Meeks over at the CreateAndCut blog alerted me to.  He is searching high and low for all the latest on the eCraft, so be sure to check out his blog.  Here is the latest video...



Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY!  See you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

KimberlyRae said...

Great video...thank you for posting.
I noticed when the lady asked 'if' the image can be 'colored-in', he responded 'not yet' and added 'with a wink'. Would that be a feature upgrade? So all eCraft owners wouldn't have to buy another machine? like with the cricut imagine? Just saying...

KimberlyRae said...

PS your first digital layout is just Awesome! I've been doing digital for years and have just a few printed...another project to work on..hehe..plus I'm anxiously awaiting my eCraft so I'm sure Lots of hybrid and scrappy projects to come :):):) Happy scrappin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...