Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas with the eCraft - Day 6

Today's project is this cute little candy cane box!  Every year I always make a few small gifts like this to give to people that I may have overlooked on my list such as a neighbor, a co worker, etc.  Even though there isn't any real monetary value to it, people always are touched that you made something for them.

I purchased the files used to create this box from The Cutting Cafe.  Their files are available in WPC format and Vector PDF format, not SVG.  So I used Make the Cut to turn the Vector PDF file into an SVG.  This is something that you can also do with Inkscape, but I personally prefer to use Make the Cut.  These files come with the outline shape for the candy cane as well as a top for the box, which I decided not to use so that my treat bag could poke out of the top of the box.




SUPPLY LIST
Patterned Cardstock - I like to use double sided for my boxes, it just adds such a nice touch. I used Anna Griffin for this box.
Coordinating Cardstock/Paper - for the outline of the candy cane.  Also Anna Griffin.
Distress Ink - Peeled Paint used here (optional)
Treat Bags - These can be purchased at any craft store and most discount stores such as Target.
Candy! - I used Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses.
Rubber Band - Tie treat bag together after filling with candy
Ribbon - The ribbon that I used was from Michaels

Tomorrow is the final day of Christmas with the eCraft.  For tomorrow's project, I am going to be using Make the Cut to pixel trace a coloring page that I downloaded from the Internet to create some fun Christmas packaging!

2 comments:

Else49 said...

Thank you Denise for this project I really like it.

Regina Easter said...

what a fantastic project and tutorial...i would love to put this in the customer gallery over at the cutting cafe....if i can please email me at fabriccutups@prodigy.net with a link to the project.....VIDEO IS EXCELLENT TO...hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...