Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas with the eCraft - Day 5

Today is all about creating some MAGIC!  I am a mom to two boys, ages 6 and not yet 3, and we are in that wonderful Santa stage with both boys and we want to keep that magic alive for them as long as we can!  Here is a picture of our final project for today...

Now you may be thinking...WHAT?  Stay with me, I promise you won't be disappointed!



I used THIS SVG from Denise's Scrapbooking Room to make a stencil.  I used this to create these footprints by our Christmas tree.  I plan on doing this on Christmas Eve so that when the kids get up Christmas morning, they will see that Santa was there and even tracked in snow while he was leaving the boys their presents!  How neat is that?  It is the little things like this that can really go a long way into creating that magic for the kids.  I love too how the footprints end up being perfectly imperfect!  Even if you don't have little ones that believe in your house, you can easily make these for anyone that you know that do!  I actually cut up a few of these to give to some friends and family!

Also, in case you don't have it already.  Inkscape is a free program, so you can download and install it.  I should tell you that this software can be kind of complicated, so if you are trying to do something in Inkscape and can't figure it out, go to You Tube.  There are a lot of videos there that will walk you through how to do something in Inkscape.  I am certainly not an expert on the program, but I have learned everything that I know about it through those videos, so I highly recommend taking some time to do that.


SUPPLY LIST
1 piece of 12x12 cardstock (any color, doesn't matter)
Cornstarch
Plastic container and spoon to sprinkle.  I think a sifter would also work really well.
Vacuum cleaner - Of course for the clean up afterwards!

Since today is all about MAGIC, I have to tell you about this as well.  This is one of the coolest things that ANYONE can do for the kids out there. This website (http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/) allows you to create personalized video messages from Santa for your child.  I have to say I was a little skeptical of it, but one of the moms at Jared's school assured me that these videos are really well done, and I have to agree!!!  When you go to the website, you are asked a series of questions about your child and can even upload pictures.  Once you are done, you can then preview the message.  Once you have it just right, Santa Claus will e-mail a link to your child so that they can see their message.  It is adorable, because your older children can see that the e-mail came from Santa Claus.  There are different messages available depending on the age of your child.  HERE is a link to the message that I created for Mason, my toddler.  The message for my 6 yr old, Jared is probably twice as long as Mason's, and I have to tell you that he asks to watch his video everyday!  He is quoting Santa all the time!  You can create these messages for free, and if you would like to keep it as a keepsake, there is an option to buy a downloadable version of it for only $4.99.  It is just amazing to see that look on a child's face when they realize that Santa Claus is talking to them!!

Thank you for joining me today, tomorrow I will be showing you how to use Make the Cut software to create SVGs for the eCraft.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...