Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas with the eCraft - Day 2

Today, our project is going to be a tag.  I just LOVE making my own tags for the holidays.  There is just something about throwing something together and adding some pretty ribbon and other embellishments to making a gift stand out.


This tag was made entirely out of images found on Craftwell's Design Cards.  By welding various images together, you can make entirely new images.  This method is especially popular right now to make wordbooks.  Here is a video showing how I did this using eCraftshop Pro.



SUPPLY LIST
Jen Allyson Celebrates Design Card
Fundamentals 1 Design Card
White Cardstock (cut base layer)
Red Glitter Paper - I used American Crafts.  Seriously LOVE this paper!
Candy Cane Ribbon - Found this at Michaels
Distress Stickles, Rock Candy - Hard to see in the picture, but I spread a thin layer of this over the white base before adding on my red glitter layers to give the base a little bling.
To/From Stamp - Not shown in picture, but I stamped this on the back of the tag.
Distress Ink Barn Door - Used to ink the edges

Tomorrow we will be using a True Type Font dingbat to create a fancy Christmas card.  I will also be using unconventional colors for this card, which is something that I just love to do at Christmas time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video thank you so much...Love your tag

Keren said...

Denise, Thanks for a great video! looking forward for the next one!

Anne-Marie said...

Thankyou Denise, I found this video very helpful. I look forward to the other ones you are going to share.
You are a very generous person to share all this with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...