Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Paint Resist Technique

 

Since our sponsor this month (Crafter’s Companion) has these wonderful new embossing folders, I decided for my last project of the month, I would show you a really fun technique using an embossing folder and of course your eBosser!

20130516-DSC_0144

I have done this technique before and I am always impressed with the results.  The first step is to emboss your paper (or in my case a tag) and then take a sponge and a little craft paint.  I usually dab my sponge into the paint and then dab the excess off.  Then swipe it across the embossed paper.  If you want a more polished look, you can take some care and make sure to get it only on the embossing, but in my case, I wanted a more distressed look.  Let your paint dry and then get out some Distress Inks.  In most cases it is best to pick colors that can provide a high contrast between them and your paint colors.

20130516-DSC_0144-2

Using your ink blending tools, blend the inks onto your tags.  You can also spritz with water to let the colors meld together.  Once you have added all the inks and you are happy with them, take a cloth and buff the painted areas.  They will resist the inks.

 

This beautiful tag is now in need of a gift!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...