Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A “Rabble” of Butterflies

 

Hey Crafters!  How many of you are loving all the great creations that the Design Team is coming up with using their eBossers and Crafter’s Companion stamps and embossing folders?  I decided for my project today to highlight two stamps in the Party with Bamboo stamp set.  It is these two cute little butterflies!  The size of these butterflies is great to create a group of butterflies (which is called a rabble…I didn’t actually know this off the top of my head, I had to look it up Smile).

20130516-DSC_0142

I stamped the butterflies on watercolor paper with Black Archival Ink and then using some Distress markers and my waterbrush, colored them in and created their trails.  I added the sentiment (also from Party with Bamboo) on a strip of vellum and adhered it to the middle with some white adhesive.  I only added the adhesive onto the white part of the watercolor paper.  Then I cut the whole thing out with a Spellbinders Label #8 die.  I then couldn’t resist this pattern paper from Echo Park’s Everyday Eclectic as a larger layer with the same die set underneath it.  To top it off, I had to use a bright cardbase. to really bring out the vibrant colors of the butterflies.

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...