Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crafty Fun with Crafter’s Companion

Can you believe that it is May already?  Since it is May, that means that we have a new sponsor that we are highlighting this month and this month we have….Crafter’s Companion!  For my card today, I used their Love Letters stamp set and one of their brand new Die’sire Embossing Folder. 

 

I have to tell you that on the day that I sat down to do this card, nothing seems to be speaking to me.  So, when that happens, I push myself to think outside the box and to look at alternative things that I can do with the supplies on hand.

20130501-DSC_0027

To get started, I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper and started spritizing it with all sorts of spray inks in shades of yellow, orange, and green.  Once that was all dry, I tapped the paper in some of the pooled ink that was sitting on my non stick craft sheet and dried those too to get a splotchy effect.  Then I started stamping.

20130501-DSC_0027-2

Do you see this stamping that I did….well that was with a chandelier stamp from the Love Letters stamp set.  I did some generational stamping by inking once for every 3 times that I stamped and created these kind of crazy borders that make me think of the ikat trend happening right now.

 

After stamping both of the border, I took my Regal Damask embossing folder and inked it up with some Olive ink and ran it through my eBosser.  The achieved look is very subtle, but really adds some dimension at the same time.

 

Since this background that I created was so unique, I did not want to put a lot of top of it, so I added a small label die and added the sentiment from the Love Letters stamp set with a few black rhinestones and I was done.

 

Even though this card did not come easy for me, I have to say that I love it and can definitely see myself making this again switching up the colors and having so much fun doing it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...