Monday, August 20, 2012

Sweet Teacher Cookie Basket and another eBosser Video

 

So, I got the Papertrey Ink Berry Basket Die a few months ago and haven’t even used it yet…and I was sitting there thinking what can I make with this that is Back to School?  The problem was that none of the ideas that I thought of really worked with those classic back to school colors.  Then I thought…DUH!!!  I don’t have to use the classic colors if I don’t want to!

20120815-DSC_0001-1

I went with my gut and drove myself over to our neighborhood bakery.  They make these wonderful sprinkled butter cookies and I could just envision a bag of them sitting in that berry basket.  After I bought the cookies (way more than I needed), I went home and got to work.  I cut the Berry Basket die four times from Aqua Mist cardstock and scored and adhered the four sides together to create the basket.  I added some pink shredded paper to the basket and then a clear bag and filled it with the cookies.  I knew that I wanted to make a tag to be tied in with the ribbon that I was using to hold the bag closed.  Again my eBosser came to the rescue!  I cut PTI’s Tag Sale 5 from Hibiscus Burst Cardstock, My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish from Aqua Mist, PTI Doily Details from Dark Chocolate, PTI Ad Sense from Dark Chocolate Gingham pattern paper and PTI Double Ended Banner from Hibiscus Burst. Now for my sentiment…

20120815-DSC_0003-1

For the sentiment, I went through my stash of sentiment stamps and did not find something that I wanted to use.  So that is when I decided that I would just need to create my own.  Using my computer and the Lettering Delights LD Carefree Black font, I printed out my sentiment onto a piece of PTI Aqua Mist Damask patterned paper.  Then I picked out a Spellbinders Label #4 die that I wanted to cut it with.  The question was how to do that so that my sentiment was perfectly lined up.  That is when the experimenting started with different sandwiches in the eBosser.  I finally found one that allowed me to get that cut perfectly lined up and so that is what today’s video is all about!

 

Now, what to do with these leftover cookies…LOL!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...