Monday, August 6, 2012

eBosser Videos & Back 2 School Project

 

BOY OH BOY!!!  My eBosser got a work out with my project for today!  Starting today, the Craftwell Design Team is going to be focusing on Back to School projects.  My oldest son starts 2nd grade in a couple of weeks and my youngest starts pre-school next month, so I have lots to get ready for!

 

Since my eBosser was on overdrive, I went ahead and filmed TWO all new eBosser videos for you!  Before we get to the videos, let’s talk about my project.  Today I made a card to give to one of the teachers.  This is something that I always do, mainly because I want them to understand that I am here to support them.  I always try to build a relationship with the teacher, because if there is something that I can do to help my kids do well in school, I want to be sure to know about it.  The extra little touch makes a difference!

20120801-DSC_0018-1

 

To start with I picked my color scheme.  I decided on Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream.  I decided that I wanted to use a Papertrey Ink impression plate called Bookprint for the background so I used that in my eBosser onto a piece of Summer Sunrise cardstock.  The first video that I have for you today is all about embossing with various different materials.  Next I took a piece of Vintage Cream cardstock and using two Spellbinders dies (Labels #6 & 11), I cut and embossed those in the eBosser.  That just so happens to be the subject of my second video.  I then decided to use my Copic markers (R29 & YR15) and air brush those labels to enhance the embossing even more.  I also cut some Pure Poppy cardstock with the My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish die and some Dark Chocolate Striped Pattern Paper with a PTI Half & Half Die.  On the larger Spellbinder die, I stamped an apple from a Unity Stamps Itty Bitty set called To The Core with some Pure Poppy ink.  On the smaller Spellbinder die, I stamped my sentiment from the Taylored Expressions The Places You’ll Go stamp set in Dark Chocolate ink.  The final touch that I threw in right before assembling was to spritz the impressed background with a little Mister Huey’s Warm Calico spray ink.  Put it all together and I have a card that was created using my eBosser in about 20 minutes. 

 

So, now that I have my card all put together, it is time to watch the videos.  First we have one that is all about embossing!  In this video, I demonstrate embossing with embossing folders by Cuttlebug, Sizzix, and Lifestyle Crafts.  I also show how to use the Papertrey Ink impression plates like I used in my project today as well as using the Fiskars Texture Plates.

 

Next, we have a video that was requested by several people on demonstrating cutting and embossing with the Spellbinders dies.

 

Hope you all enjoyed my project and the videos today! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...