Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Revisiting an Older Stamp Set

 

I have several stamp sets, and one of the things that I have been doing lately is re-visiting the ones that I already own.  I especially like to play with the ones that had coordinating dies.  Just love this look and using the dies in the eBosser is just so easy, that I can’t help but want to cut things with my dies.

20130418-DSC_0069

 

This stamp set is from Papertrey Ink and is called Button Boutique.   They made the card die and also button dies to go with the stamps.  I cut out the card from a light green cardstock and also from an olive green cardstock.  I then cut the buttons from a thin piece of chipboard to give them plenty of dimension when sitting on the card.  The largest button I also die cut from a piece of the dark orange cardstock and stamped with PTI’s Background Basics Medallion and then layered it on top of the chipboard button.  The smaller two buttons, I stamped directly onto the white chipboard. 

 

On the light green card, I purposely poorly inked up my stamp so that I could get a distressed look to the button card.  After that I had to figure out what to do for a background.  I decided to go to my old books and pulled out a page.  I cut it down to size and then used a PTI Edger die along the bottom edge.  Then I used a die that I haven’t used in a long time along the top which is the PTI Banner Borders die.  I mounted all of this to a piece of cream cardstock and then instantly wished that I picked a different color…oh well sometimes that is just how it happens.  The sentiment is also from the Button Boutique stamp set.

 

I just love how the eBosser can cut a piece of chipboard and then turn around and also cut the border die that is embossed with the polka dots without changing up the sandwich.  Amazing! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...