Monday, November 5, 2012

A Paris Christmas?

 

Yep, it’s that time of year!  It is that time when all of us crafters start our Christmas crafts because we know that if we don’t get it going, we won’t get all of it done before Christmas.  This month, our wonderful sponsor Carta Bella sent us two amazing collections to work with…neither which are Christmas.  Not to worry though!  Just because a collection is not designed for a certain occasion doesn’t mean that you cannot adapt it to work for your occasion.  That is exactly what I did.  I took the gorgeous Paris Girl collection and used it to make some Christmas tags!

20121031-DSC_0044-1

I tend to make a lot of tags at Christmas because I like to give them as gifts, so you just might see some more tags very soon Smile.  For my tags today, I started with the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #4 die.  This is a great die, that has a beautiful embossed edge.  When you are cutting with this type of die in your eBosser, you may need to experiment.  If your embossed edge is cutting through your paper, then remove your E plate (or shim) and try again.  Each machine is going to be a little different and the type of paper that you are cutting will make a difference.

20121031-DSC_0046-1

The next thing that I did was cut some gorgeous Paris Girl paper by Carta Bella with the small scalloped die from Papertrey Ink. I purposely tore the edges to add a little bit of organic feeling to it. I also took their Chevron die and cut some red cardstock.  Then using a 1 3/4” circle punch I cut circles from some more Paris Girl paper.  I did a little stamping with some red ink on this paper with the Papertrey Ink 2010 Holiday Tag stamp set.  I also found those beautiful ticket embellishments included with the Carta Bella Paris Girl collection.  A little assembly, some ribbon threaded on the top and topped with a button threaded with twine, and we are done!

20121031-DSC_0042-1

When doing tags like this, it is really easy to do several at once.  I typically do 6 in each design and then I can mix and match them when I give them away as gifts.  Please share, is there anything special that you make to give away to friends, neighbors, teachers, etc.? 

1 comment:

Angela W. said...

Love your tags!!!!! Great colors!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...