Monday, June 18, 2012

Americana Project for the eCraft Design Team!

 

Well the 4th of July is right around the corner!  I love this holiday! When I saw the Pages of Honor collection from Glimpses by Signify Pink, I just knew that I had to make something inspired by America with it.  Somewhere deep in the recesses of my brain, I remembered seeing a Statue of Liberty SVG file so I went searching.

 

Sure enough, I came across it.  It was a freebie from SVGCuts.com from two years ago (you can find the file HERE)

20120612-DSC_0004-1

My first step in making this card was to cut out a card from Core’dinations cardstock.  I used the Card G set from Lettering Delights which gives me a final card size of 9 1/2” tall by 4 1/8” wide.  Perfect size so that I can really highlight the tall, stately look of Lady Liberty!  I added strips of the Pages of Honor collection to the curved front flap in various widths.  After adding those strips, I topped it off with a ric rac broder and added the Statue of Liberty on top of that.  I then remembered a stamp set that I bought over a year ago that was just perfect to add to this and that is from Papertrey Ink and it is called est. 1776.  I made a banner and stamped the distressed waves from that set in dark blue ink.  Then I die cut a Fillable Frames #10 die cut (from Papertrey Ink) and did some collage stamping.  Using a tone on tone look, I stamped some background images from the same stamp set (the eagle and the stars) and then topped it off with the sentiment in red ink.

 

I have to tell you that even though I had quite a few eCraft die cuts, they came together so quick.  Since I don’t have to adhere the paper to a sticky mat, I was able to get my cuts done quickly so that I could put the card together.  I love not wasting my crafty time, don’t you?

 

Now, I know that not all eCrafters are American, we have quite a few International friends and I would love to learn more about how you celebrate or honor your country in your paper crafting adventures, so please leave a comment and share with me!

If you are American and would like to get your hands on this Pages of Honor collection (which is gorgeous!), you better hurry up!  You can go to the Signify Pink website HERE because they are selling out their stock and once it is gone, it is gone!  If you are a wholesaler, you can purchase from HERE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...