Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Favorite Stamp Set?!?!

It is always hard for me to determine my absolute favorite anything.  There are just so many options, how can I possibly choose!  I don't know if this is my favorite, but it would have to be in my top 10!  I will be making some more things from this set, because there are so many gorgeous images in this set to explore!



The stamp set is from Gina K Designs and it is called Pretty as a Peacock!  I stamped the square image showing the peacock feather tip in three colors (Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Memento Danube Blue, and Memento Sweet Plum) on white cardstock.  I used a 1-1/2" square punch to punch out the images.  I added a little glue from my glue pen to the center of the feathers and added a little glitter for some shimmer.  The card base is Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow.   I used my corner rounder to round all four corners of the card base. I stamped the sentiment (also from Pretty as a Peacock) directly on the card base using Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow ink.  I then took my ruler and lined it up and using my Signo white pen drew the lines on either side of the sentiment.

Another reason why I love this card so much is because it is clean and simple.  Whenever another crafter asks me for advice on making cards, I always tell them to keep it simple.  Don't be afraid of empty space.  The empty space will draw your eye to your focal point.  There are a lot of crafters out there that pile on the embellishments to the point where it is just too busy.  Whenever I make a card and realize that I don't like it, often the problem is that I added too much.  So keep that in mind, especially the next time you are struggling with a card! 

Thanks for stopping by!  If you are new to my blog, don't forget to go to this POST to sign up for my giveaway.  I have to tell all of you that I have added a few goodies that I did not share with all of you before, and I can't wait to announce a winner!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...