Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SCAL 3 Orientation for the eCraft

Hi everybody!

We are taking a break from the birthday cards this week for a video on the new SCAL 3.  Here are few things that you need to know about SCAL 3.

  • SCAL 3 does NOT support the Cricut cutting machines
  • SCAL 3 will not erase SCAL 2 so you can have both versions on your computer
  • If you have already purchased SCAL 2, the SCAL 3 is available to you for FREE!
  • SCAL 3 supports many die cutters including the eCraft.
If you would like to download SCAL 3, you can do that HERE.

Here is a video that I did showing how the orientation of the virtual mat in SCAL 3 compares to what comes out of the eCraft.



Also, I have had a few people ask me which program I would recommend.  At this time, I am not going to make a recommendation because we do not have a stable version of the plug in for Make the Cut.  Once that is available, I will be doing a full review of both programs.  Hopefully this will happen sooner than later, but I feel that it would be comparing apples to oranges since one is stable while the other is still in beta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful thank you so much.

PapaSue said...

Denise, I just wanted you to know that I posted a link to your eCraft for SCAL video on the SCALForum (http://forums.surecutsalot.com/ in the tutorial sections. I've been searching for this type of video to see if I want my next cutter to be an eCraft, a several others have been interested in more info on the eCraft with SCAL3.

Keep them coming.
thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...