Sunday, May 1, 2011

Print & Cut with the eCraft - The Hinge Method

If you have been using the Cricut and Make the Cut for awhile, you may already be familiar with the Hinge Method.  Kay at Clever Someday figured this out (see her original blog post HERE).  I have used this method several times with my Cricut and it has always worked consistently well for me.  Ever since I got the eCraft, I have been playing with a way to do a Print and Cut using the eCraft's tray and I have had some success, but it has not been as consistent as I would like.  I then turned my attention to trying Kay's method with the eCraft to see if I could figure it all out.  Good news...I got it!  This works very well and I think any of the eCraft owners out there watching will love this!!!

Just a note...I know that there is a way to do this with SCAL, but I have not experimented with it.  I will be trying it out, but if any of you figure it out, please let me know. I would love to report that this works with both programs.  At this time, this will not work with the eCraftshop Pro software as that software does not have a pixel trace option.  And on with the show...




Please let me know how this is working out for you!

9 comments:

Kate Smith said...

Just to let you know, Denise, this is possible to do in SCAL, too.

Anonymous said...

You make this all look so easy. I'm so jealous!

Jessica Drake said...

That was AMAZING I think you just opened up my crafting world! :) thanks

Helena said...

Thanks! really good tutorial.

candace1221 said...

(I'm sorry I'm new at this -- it may come thru twice!) I just bought the eCraft and I have SCAL3. I really appreciate your videos! I have a project that is over 11" and when the cutter gets to the back, the paper isn't long enough to stay in the rollers. I went to Dollar Tree to get the veg cutting mat and they were out. I found a placemat that is thin plastic to try, but now my SCAL project goes through the motions but doesn't cut the paper. I tried an image from the eCraft SD disc and it cuts just fine. What could be the problem?

Ruthie said...

Hey Denise - hope all is well with you!

Thanks for the tut - will be sure to have a go at it soon

Rx

jogrybali said...

Hi,
Thanks for this tutorial. I am a newbie to the ecraft. I thought there was no plate neccessary,but you used a plastic sheet. Is this an older machine?
Jogry

Allison said...

Is it possible to do this without that other software? I only have the eCraft Pro software. But I do have Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant adaptation, Denise! Thanks for the shout out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...