Monday, August 23, 2010

A Masculine Card...and a Very Versatile Stamp Set

It was a crazy weekend around here, and I just barely had enough time to get into my craft room to make this card for my FIL's birthday.  I always struggle with cards for men, but the idea for this card hit me like a lightning bolt when I saw this train image at Clearly Vintage.



My FIL is a train nut!  He has a couple of the trains that you ride on, similar to the one that was in that old TV sitcom, Silver Spoons.  One of the trains is at his house.  He made tracks and has them in his yard for this train.  So when I saw this vintage train image, I just knew that it would go great with Papertrey Ink's Just the Ticket stamp set.  This is a great stamp set, because it can be used for just about any occasion, and it also very gender neutral.  I used the Color Couture Volume 6 color scheme from PTI as well.  These colors are Summer Sunrise (card base, and ink on the hand pointing), Pure Poppy (cardstock layer under train image and star stamps on ticket strip), Hawaiian Shores (ticket outline stamp), Dark Chocolate (sentiments stamps), and Aqua Mist (ticket strip).  I also used the Dark Chocolate and Pure Poppy baker's twine.  I used the train image as a Digital paper and it worked great, once this was printed and the ticket strip cut out, this card came together so fast!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Here is the GIVEAWAY post...don't forget to sign up, there are some great items here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...