Friday, August 27, 2010

The eCraft is Here! And so are my first videos of it!

My beautiful Purpleberry eCraft arrived yesterday and I could not wait to use it.  Unfortunately I had to wait until my kids were in bed, because they just make too much noise!  So the first thing that I did was test out the settings for Papertrey Ink Cardstock!  The video is in two parts and here they are for you!

Here is Part 1!




And here is Part 2!




Here are the pictures that I took of the end results.  This first one shows 3 shapes that were cut out of Papertrey Ink cardstock using a pressure setting of 8, tab density of 1, and tab width of 1.  This is the setting that I would recommend that you start out with.  When the software becomes available, I will cut with some more intricate shapes to make sure this is the best one for this paper.


Here are some basic shapes that I cut using the Papertrey Ink cardstock and the same settings.  The smallest shape here is the triangle which was cut at 1/2", and it cut great.  Also I want to point out that the circle is a perfect circle!  The Cricut Expression could never cut a perfect circle, but the eCraft can!



However, there is an issue that was reported cutting a square on the "eCraft Crafters" Yahoo group, that I had to test out and that had to do with the square.  It was reported that squares were not perfect squares.  The bigger the square, the greater the difference, so I cut a square at 4" and laid it on my Scor Pal mat so that I could photograph that indeed this is an issue.


As you can see the square is definately off.  Now in all fairness, we do not know if this is a design issue with the Fundamentals 1 SD card.  When the software becomes available, I will try to cut a square using the software and see if we get the same discrepancy.  For right now, I am going to assume that the problem is with the SD card and not the machine, but I will keep you posted as to what I find out.

The next thing that I decided to do was cut an image using the pen to see how it works.  Here is the cut that I made.



I am very happy with the results of this.  The pen line is consistent and it is a nice thin line, and it doesn't have any bleeding.  This will be nice compared to the pens and markers when using the Cricut, so I think that this is definately a success on Craftwell's part by using a ballpoint pen instead of markers or gel pens.

As I mentioned in the video, I am starting an eCraft settings chart showing the settings that I have found to be successful on intricate shapes, and that chart will be posted on my blog here in the next day or two.  If you are an eCraft user, please let me know what settings you have found to be successful with which papers so that I can add those to the list.  If we all work together on getting this chart completed, that means we can all have more time to play!  If you have any suggestions for papers that you would like me to test, please let me know.  As always, everyone is welcome to e-mail me at Denise@PurplePaperParadise.com.

The next video will be testing Stampin' Up cardstock!   If you are new to my blog, I have a GIVEAWAY going on right now, so be sure to sign up for it!

3 comments:

Lisa Kizer said...

Nice videos Denise! I don't have an ecraft, but I love checking out the new stuff. Congrats on your new cutter!

SassyLady

Cindy Cade said...

Mine is on the way and I will be happy to contribute. Thanks!

Cazzy said...

Thanks for the videos, they are good but the music nearly blasted me out of the room! I don't understand what tabs are, haven't noticed them on The Slice or Craft Robo, but at least you are helping me understand a bit about setting them. I have mostly unbranded cardstock so it could be difficult to work out even from a chart.
Cazzy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...