Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dawn McVey's Color Combo

Dawn McVey is one of my card making heroes.  She has such a great eye for color and I have found that she has great instincts for creating cards that are not overly cluttered with embellishments which is a look that I just love!  She comes up with some color combinations that initially may not seem appealing, but once you see her creations, you completely change your mind.  It is what I call "Out of the Box".  Here is the color combination that she came up with for Papertrey Ink's color combination challenge.



Here is a quick, clean and simple card that I created with her colors, and I just LOVE how it came out.  It was kind of thrilling to put so little on the card and let the colors take the spotlight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...