Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day Projects

So a couple of weeks ago, I asked my son what he would like to do for Valentines and goodie bags for his class...I pretty much already knew the answer...Dinosaurs!  Well it just so happens that Lettering Delights came out with the really cute SVG set called Love Pets.  Just adorable!  And there is a dinosaur in the set! For these projects, I used both Make the Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot with my eCraft.  More about that later.  First off the goodie bags...



I really like the way these turned out!  I did make some minor changes to the dinosaur just to eliminate some of the layers so that I could assemble these faster. 



I also decided that instead of cutting out the sentiment, that I would print it directly onto the cardstock topper.  The green border was done with the small rick rack die from Papertrey Ink.  All of the goodies were placed in a glassine bag and then I put the topper on.  I like to do a mix of goodies.  I add a couple of pieces of candy, but then I included a notepad and pencil, some dinosaur toys, and a small tube of bubbles.



Now for the teachers, I used the same dinosaurs that I had on the goodie bags.  The card and envelope came from the Card B and Envelope B SVG set from Lettering Delights.  I used Barn Door and Crushed Olive Distress Ink on the background and then heavily spritzed it with Perfect Pearls Mist in Kiwi.  For the mat layer, I used the Mat Stack 3 die from Papertrey Ink and I used the Just the Ticket stamp set again for the sentiment and background.  I forgot how much I like that stamp set!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...