Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Little Americana with American Crafts

 

OK, so I am not a big scrapbooker.  If you follow my blog, you know that.  I love making cards, they are my absolute favorite, but sometimes you just have to mix it up a bit!  Recently the boys and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry with my parents for the day.  The boys had never been there before and after this visit, they will definitely want to go back.  These pictures were just too cute not to scrapbook!  When I saw the background paper in the Pebbles From Me to You collection by American Crafts, I knew that it was just the thing for my scrapbook layout!

DSC_0007

The first thing that I did was in Adobe Photoshop by adding the location and date labels to each picture and then I cut the pictures out in hexagons.  Then I turned to my background paper and added some spritzes of Dylusions London Blue spray ink and some Perfect Pearls spray in Perfect Pearl.  When I was going through the From Me to You paper pack, I just loved this reverse newsprint paper, so I cut out some large stars to nestle the pictures on top of. 

DSC_0007-2

I also embossed these stars with the Dotted Elegance embossing folder by Craftwell made for the eBosser. The embossing really gives a nice texture and since the eBosser is always by my side when crafting, it is always an easy solution when you need to add a little something extra. I needed more blue, so I also cut out some flourishes to give everything a little movement.

 

I am really starting to like this “anything goes” style of scrapbooking.  Speaking of which, you might want to check in at the Craftwell Blog this coming Saturday (September 14th), but you didn’t hear that from me Winking smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...