Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...#4 Papertrey Ink

If you have read my previous posts, you may have noticed that I have mentioned Papertrey Ink (PTI) before.  I use their products a lot.  Their paper has got to be some of the "heartiest" cardstock ever.  It makes for great card bases.  All of their colors are gorgeous and because they offer so many products in those colors are wonderful.  All of the colors have 5-6 ribbons, felt, buttons as well as cardstock.  They are currently reformulating their ink pads due to inconsistency issues, and the new ink pads should be available in October. I am looking forward to those ink pads in all those wonderful colors. PTI is very well known for their acrylic stamps.  They are of the highest quality and they have some of the most innovative designs.

Every month on the 15th, they release new products and it is one of the things I look forward to every month.  Nichole Heady (one of the owners) posts previews of the new products starting on the 10th and she shows completed projects using those projects that really get your creative mind working.  One of the great things about PTI is that when you buy 12 stamp sets (priced $15 or higher) in a year starting on February 15th, you will get a free Anniversary Stamp Set.  This stamp set is exclusive to the those that purchased enough stamp sets, and will never be sold in the store.  I got my Anniversary set about 6 weeks ago and just now got a chance to use it, so I thought I would share it with all of you.



The stamp set is called Round & Round and came with the frame and then several circle images that fit inside that frame.  There were all some sentiments and a few other stamped embellishments.  I definately see the versatility in this set.  Previously I mentioned that I am going to the CHA Consumer Show on Friday and one of the vendors that I cannot wait to visit is PTI.  Plus it doesn't hurt that they are giving a free exclusive stamp set to people who spend $100 or more at the show.  I will definately spend more than $100.  If money were not an issue in my life, I would spend hundreds but at last that won't be the case.

The carstock is PTI Enchanted Evening and Stamper's Select White.  The frame stamp is from Round & Round and it is stamped in Plum Pudding.  The decorative circle is stamped in Hawaiian Shores.  I used my copics to color in some of the areas of the stamp and added some rhinestones.  The stamped border on the card base is from an oldie but goodie, Shapes by Design and the sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages (probably the best sentiment stamp set out there).

Later today is the PTI Monthly Blog Hop and I will be participating.  The theme for this month is Office Supplies and I have something really neat up my sleeve for this, so if you come back later today you can see my entry in the Blog Hop.

So to sum it up, if you are looking for some high quality products, go to papertreyink.com. I recommend for starters to get the cardstock sampler (has a few sheets of cardstock in different colors), as well as maybe some ribbon, buttons and a stamp set.  You will not be disappointed!

Also, we our giveaway is still open, check out this POST to enter.  Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Lysa said...

Hi Denise,
I agree PTI has a beautiful product line and Nicole and her designing crew are generous with free templates and ideas. Sure wish I was going to CHA so I could see her booth and meet her. I just loved her fairy house blog post from the other day. She is filled with lovely ideas. I will check back for your blog hop. Have a great Sunday.
Lysa
visit me at www.lysaandhueyink.blogspot.com

Denise O'Connor said...

Lysa,

Thank you, I feel the same way. I always feel invigorated with creative ideas when I see their projects. I actaully will be going to CHA (as I live only about 45 minutes away) and I will take lots of pictures! P.S. I love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...