Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Treats made easy with Bake and Shrink!

 

PrintOnIt.com just helped me out of a jam!  I had to bring some treats for a little Halloween get together, and since I am known as the “crafty” mom, I couldn’t just bring something that I picked up real quick at the store.  After all, I have a reputation to keep LOL!  I have been extremely busy lately, so time was critical!  PrintOnIt.com’s Bake and Shrink helped me make the cutest little cupcake toppers that fit right on these mini cupcakes!

20121018-DSC_0019-1

 

Using some Tim Holtz dies, I die cut out (using my trusty eBosser of course!) a bunch of Halloween images from the Bake and Shrink.  Tim’s dies tend to be fairly large and would never work on cupcakes, but that is the beauty of the Bake and Shrink!  With this material, you can get those images that you love in miniature form and I LOVE how well it maintains the detail.  After cutting, I just smeared some black Archival ink on them and then used my heat tool to shrink them.  While I let them cool off, I took some regular old toothpicks and colored them black with a permanent marker.  Once the Bake and Shrink was cool, I adhered the toothpicks to the back with some liquid adhesive.

 

While I was putting these in the cupcakes, I discovered something else that is really neat about the Bake and Shrink.  You can easily clean them up with a wet paper towel which means that they are totally re-useable.  Gotta say, loving that!

 

Be sure to come back to the blog everyday this week to see what the other ladies have created with the amazing products from PrintOnIt.com!

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love this idea. . . THANKS! but I am a little confused. When you said you simply wiped the Bake and Shrink cleaned to reuse, did you mean wiping the blanck ink off the shrunken images in order to recolor a different color to reuse?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...