Monday, October 15, 2012

Wearable Art with PrintOnIt.com’s Transfer Paper

 

I very rarely make something for myself, but today’s project is just that.  Normally, I carry a purse that is rather large and has room for all sorts of stuff, but sometimes I just want to grab the bare necessities and go.  So, one day at Joann’s, I found this little plain black cloth purse with a couple of front pockets and I knew I could do something with this.  It is just the right size to throw my wallet and phone in there and I can dash off.  Of course, as a mom, I can’t resist doing something with it that reflects how proud I am of my boys.  That instantly brought to mind a die that I got from Papertrey Ink a few months back called Fabulous Frames.  Pair that up with transfer paper from PrintOnIt.com and we have a perfect combination for my new little purse.

20121012-DSC_0013-1

The first thing that I did was print up some blocks of digital paper (and of course some recent pictures of my boys) onto the transfer paper using my inkjet printer.  Then I set to work using my wonderful eBosser and the dies to cut out the the pictures and the frames.  This die actually cuts all three pieces of once, so by mixing and matching the exterior frame with the interior frame, I saved a lot of material.  I also used PTI’s Loop De Loop die on another piece of the transfer paper for the border that is right above the pockets.

20121011-DSC_0011-1

After doing all my die cuts, it was pretty smooth sailing.  I just lined everything up onto the purse and laid a piece of parchment paper on top and ironed everything in place.  Done!

 

PrintOnIt.com’s transfer paper really makes projects like this a breeze.  I also love that the transfer paper is thin so that it conforms well to your fabric.  If you are thinking of making some wearable art, be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...