Friday, June 17, 2011

Holy Cow it's been awhile!

I cannot believe how long it has been since I posted something!  Well, since Father's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share with you the Father's Day cards that I have made.  First up is one for my Father-in-Law.



My FIL is a lover of trains as is my youngest son, so I tend to make a few things with trains.  This one just needed to be cut in all black (with the exception of the smoke) and I decided to try to do this as an all neutral card.  I mounted the train onto some vintage bookprint and I used some stamps from the My Hero My Father stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  That includes the sentiment and the wonderful corrugated stamp.  Both were stamped in Versamark, and then I heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder.  Love how this card turned out!  I just may have to do more all neutral cards!



I will admit that this card which is for my Dad is not my favorite.  I just may make another card to replace this one, but I may not have the time between now and Father's Day.  My Dad is a lover of two things, golf and bicycling.  So I found this #1 Dad graphic with the golf ball from Lettering Delights and just knew I had to use it.  I also had this Tim Holtz bicycle stamp in my stash that was crying out to be used, and I am just not sure that I merged the two well enough together.



When it came to making a card for my husband, I was at a loss.  Then as I was scrolling through the Lettering Delights website I came across THIS file.  While I was looking at this, I realized that I had all the elements to make a pretty good replica of this card, so I set to work.  This also is just perfect, because for Father's Day the kids and I got him a Sodastream.  Not sure if we are actually going to like this, but my hubby loves gadgets so it is one of those things that I knew he would like to get and play around with.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Father's Day and let's show the men in our lives how much we appreciate them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO - as usual!! Too funny... I made a card for my FIL and didn't like it either, redid it and still not the greatest but it's way better!
I love the play on words--POP!! Too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...