Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Random Stamp Set Challenge

This week I sat down to do my card and no ideas were coming to me.  I needed an idea and quick!  So, I went to my stamps and without looking at them, I randomly pulled out a stamp set.  I grabbed Papertrey Ink’s Signature Series: Butterfly.  OK, I can work with this…the creativity started to pour through me.  I quickly picked out a yellow, orange, and pink (summer colors of course!) color scheme and got to work. Ten minutes later, I had this. 

20130620-DSC_0001

I randomly stamped the main butterfly image in my three colors onto a piece of cream cardstock and then did some die cuts. The banner die and the small doily are from Papertrey Ink, the flourish die is from My Favorite Things and the label that I stamped my sentiment on is from Tim Holtz. I love layering die cuts to create a focal point.  To finish it off, I stuck in some colored pins.  Looking at it now, I think I would add in some ribbon loops…hate it when I think of a great idea after the card is done…ugh!  But at least I have a lovely card that can be used in a jiff when I need it!

 

Hope you all are enjoying your summer and getting in some crafty time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...