Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Circles, Circles, and More Circles

Last week, I used the chandelier stamp from the Love Letters stamp set by Crafter’s Companion in a way that is unlike it’s original intent.  I had so much fun creating in that “out of the box” way, that I decided to challenge myself to use that exact same stamp again and in another way.  As I was looking at my Crafter’s Companion supplies, I was inspired by their Die’sire Embossing Folder called Grande Dots.  The large dots on the embossing folder, made me want to create a card with a circle theme.  So, I started with the focal point.  I decided to stamp the chandeliers in a circle.  To make it even more interesting, I decided to color directly on the stamps with my Distress Markers and stamped them around in a circle.

20130509-DSC_0031

For the bottom layer, I stamped around a cardstock circle with the “stem” of the chandelier facing outward and for the top layer, I stamped where the stems connected in the middle.  I colored the stamp using one color palette for two impressions and then changed up the color palette.  I stamped all of this onto Specialty Stamping Paper and then after dried all the stamped images with my heat tool and then applied some Pumice Stone ink on top and flicked a little water to get those lighter spots.  After I was done with these, I cut them out with different sizes of circle dies in my trusty eBosser.  A little foam adhesive and some more circles made the perfect centerpiece for my sentiment from the Party with Bamboo stamp set also by Crafter’s Companion.

20130509-DSC_0028

I of course had to use the Die’sire Embossing folder that inspired the circles, so I grabbed a piece of Core’dinations cardstock in purple.  Decided on purple since it was the only color of the rainbow that I did not use in my stamping.  Running these embossing folders through the eBosser is so easy.  They are 8” square which means you can run the embossing folder in either direction in the eBosser! Love that!  After embossing, I decided to highlight the embossing by sanding it which is one of the advantages to the Core’dinations cardstock.  It really brings out the embossing and completes the distressed look.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...