Monday, November 12, 2012

More Christmas Tags

Last week, I shared with you how I took some Carta Bella paper from the Paris Girl collection and made some Christmas tags with it.  This week, I thought I would do that again, but this time with some Carta Bella Alphabet Junction paper.

20121031-DSC_0047-1

I started with some plain old shipping tags and applied some spray inks in shades of red and pink.  I then flicked some droplets of water on them so that the dye in the ink would react.  While I let those dry out completely, I got to using my eBosser to cut away.  I used Papertrey Ink Damask Snowflake dies to cut the pink and red dot paper from Alphabet Junction.  Then I also cut that pale green paper using PTI Limitless Layers dies.  The cream circle is 1 3/4” so that it coordinates with their Holiday Tag stamp line.  The snowflake stamp was stamped in a pink dye and then the sentiment in black on top.

20121031-DSC_0049-1

I decided to place my layered snowflakes along the bottom of the tag so that there would be plenty of room to write the “To” and “From” on the top.  I also decided to add a couple of pearlized pins that were colored with a matching Copic marker by inserting them into the foam adhesive in the layered snowflake.

20121031-DSC_0050-1

It really is amazing how some patterned paper that was not designed for Christmas can inspire a Christmas project!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...