Monday, September 17, 2012

Can you Smell Autumn in the Air?

 

Here in Chicago, the weather can play lots of tricks on us.  For example, a few days ago, the weather got cool making us think summer is over, welcome Fall.  While it was cool out, I started to think of all the things that we like to do in the fall, like eat chili, go to the pumpkin farm, etc.  Not so fast Denise!  You got WAY too ahead of yourself!  Summer came back and the temps got up into the mid 80’s again!  While I was in my “Fall” mood, I made a Halloween card.  I don’t normally do Halloween cards, but I had this idea to make a shaped card with the eBosser using one of my dies and the Tim Holtz Pumpkin Jack die was just beckoning me!

20120912-DSC_0035-1

Making a shaped card with a die is SUPER easy with the eBosser.  I took a piece of Worldwin Petallic’s Copper Ore paper and folded it in half.  I have to say…this paper is PERFECT for my pumpkin!  It is a gorgeous orange color and it has the perfect amount of shimmer on it.  Just love it!  After I folded the paper in half, I got my plates ready for the eBosser and placed my die down and then my paper.  I had the fold in the paper slightly off so that the die did not cut through that edge.  Added my A plate on top and ran it through the eBosser 1 time!  Yes, only once and it cut through both layers perfectly.  I then ran the same die through with some Worldwin CutMates in Olive Oil for the pumpkin stem.  Then I decided to add some more die cuts on this card and cut some Worldwin CutMates in Black Licorice using Memory Box Creepy Web and Creepy Spider dies.  Using my Xyron (love it!) I adhered the web onto the die so that edges were overhanging and then the spider so that he was hanging from the web.  I then used my scissors and snipped off the edges of the web that were overhanging.

 

After this was done, I cut a 1 3/4” circle from Worldwin CutMates in White Flour and stamped the little pumpkin and the sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Tag-Its #7 using PTI Canyon Clay ink and True Black ink.  I then cut the pinking circle in Worldwin CutMates Olive Oil using PTI Limitless Layers dies.

 

My son has already staked claim to this card!  He loves Halloween and can’t wait!

2 comments:

Misty Morgan said...

Yes, I can feel the Fall air coming! Great pumpkin card! Your sons a lucky guy! Great job!

http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/

scrapBugz said...

Love it!

Mandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...