Monday, June 11, 2012

Maximize your eCraft Cuts!

 

Today, I thought I would show you a quick and easy way to maximize your die cuts. As you all should know by now, the eCraft is eco-friendly.  There are no sticky mats that need to be replaced, so that not only saves you money, but it saves our landfills.  If you are a paper hoarder like me, you don’t like to waste any paper.  Using the Spring Fling collection from Glimpses by Signify Pink, I created 3 cards using the same cuts on two sheets of paper.

 

Using Make the Cut, I created the following using MTC’s basic shapes (Rounded Rectangle) and some butterflies from Lettering Delights (Oh Hello Flutter and Mother’s Day Album).  The butterflies were joined with the rounded rectangle and the plain rounded rectangle is an inset shadow of the other rounded rectangle to make it easier for layering.

image

I cut this out of a butterfly patterned paper from Spring Fling and also from a piece of White Flour eCraft Diecutable Cardstock.

 

20120605-DSC_0004-1

On my first card, I used the Simple Stripes impression plate from Papertrey Ink on the white layer after I stamped the little butterfly from PTI’s Sweet Spring Stamp Set.  The frame and the sentiments were from the Framed Out #1 stamp set from PTI with the coordinating dies.  By laying the white layer on top of the the patterned layer with dimensional foam adhesive, I created a really nice effect.

Other Supplies Used:

Melon Berry cardstock from Papertrey Ink (just a scrap to cut the frame)

Melon Berry Ink from Papertrey Ink

Spring Moss Ink from Papertrey Ink

Winter Wisteria Cardstock from Papertrey Ink (card base)

20120605-DSC_0006-1

On the second card, I used many of the exact same stamps from the first card.  This time, I layered the patterned layer with the cut out butterflies on a white card base and stamped a trail of butterflies on top.  You might notice that there is a bit of glare (LOL!) on top of the sentiment frame.  That is actually a coordinating epoxy sticker from the Spring Fling collection from Glimpses by Signify Pink.  There is such a nice shine on these, that they just would not photograph well!

 

Other Supplies Used:

White cardstock (card base and some scraps for the frames)

Melon berry Ink from Papertrey Ink

Spring Moss Ink from Papertrey Ink

 

20120605-DSC_0008-1

My last card, takes all those left over butterflies that were cut out and layers them directly on the card base.  I also added one of the Spring Fling border stickers going up the side along with some more frames using the same set from Papertrey Ink.

 

Other Supplies Used:

White Cardstock (scrap for frame)

Spring Moss Ink from Papertrey Ink

Winter Wisteria Ink from Papertrey Ink

Spring Moss cardstock from Papertrey Ink (card base)

 

Out of the eCraft cuts that I made, the only one that I did not use was the plain white rounded rectangle (which you know I have saved and will use it soon!).  I got great use out of the patterned paper because I really only used up half a sheet of 12x12 paper.  Easy peasy and very green too!

2 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Beautiful. I need to get cricut. Until then, maybe a butterfly punch. These are wonderful cards....

Janelle said...

Denise, these are such beautiful cards. I often try to make my cards as complicated as possible to show what my ecraft can do, but you've shown me that simpler is definitely more effective. thanks so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...