Monday, May 14, 2012

I’m back…

 

Hi everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend…especially all the Moms out there!!!  Before I get started with my post for today, I want to give a big shout out to Lyssa Beth Zimmerman!  Lyssa was a big help to me last week when she filled in for me on the eCraft Design Team blog.  Unfortunately, we had a death in the family and I also had some computer problems, so I really appreciate Lyssa filling in for me and her project was just adorable!  Thank you Lyssa!!

 

Since, I did not get to post a Mother’s Day project last week, I decided to show you my project today.  I always make the moms in my life a card for Mother’s Day to go along with their gift.  This year due to my computer problems and limited time to crank these out, I used the same design for each card, but I changed up the color scheme to fit each mother.  This was super easy to do using PaperLayerz by Megan Elizabeth.  These pattern papers are made using the same base as the eCraft Diecutable Cardstock which you all know is a favorite of mine.  On the front are 9 blocks (4”x4” each) and then the back is a larger pattern that fills the entire sheet.  All of the colors on each sheet coordinate, so all I needed to do was pick a sheet per mom and then start cutting.

 

I used a frame image from Lettering Delights Butterflies & Blossoms set.  This frame was pre-designed with the attached flowers, so again it was super easy to put together.  Using Make the Cut, I set up each layer in a separate square to coordinate with the paper.  I then placed the background layer in an area big enough for it to be cut so that I could use the backside pattern.  The black and white layers were cut separately.

 

Here’s an example of what one of the mats looked like before I cut…

image

 

On the white panel I used a stamp from Unity Stamps (Kit of the Month January 2012).  I used my Distress Markers to color directly on the stamp and then huffed on it and stamped.  I picked colors for the stamp that coordinate with each card.  I then topped it off with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #4 in black ink.  Then all that was left to do was to assemble each card using my Zig 2 Way Glue Pen and my Xyron Mega Runner.  I used a Papertrey Ink Rustic White card base for each card.  Here are the finished cards…

 

For my husband’s grandmother…

20120508-DSC_0024-1

 

For my mother in law…

 

20120508-DSC_0022-1

 

And for my mom…

 

20120508-DSC_0023-1

Hope you all have a great week!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...