Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Make the Cut Video for October

Hope you all are having a great week so far!  I am sharing with you today a project that has been in the works for awhile!  Today I am demonstrating how I used the Tiler feature in Make the Cut to cut the vinyl on this 30”x24” canvas.

DSC_0009_edited-1

This project was a lot of fun to do, but it takes quite a bit of time and patience!  It took several hours from beginning to end to complete it, so if you decide to do this, be prepared for that!  So now, on with the video!

Here are some pictures of the assembly process for you.

 

CIMG0790

Here you can see that I used some Crochet Thread to find my center point.  I would have used my hubby’s chalk line, but we could not find it, so I improvised.

CIMG0793

My center point was nestled in that flourish on the leaf and so I cut that leaf first.  I then went back and did all the brown so that I had a good foundation for the rest of the design.  Once I had that green leaf in place, I was able to remove the crochet thread.  If you look closely, you can see the seam going through the tree in this picture.  Most of this seam will be covered up later by the leaves.

 

CIMG0794

Here is a shot of all the brown and dark green in place.

 

DSC_0011

Here is a close up of one of the names on the leaves.  If I had to do this project again, I think I would have used the kelly green color that you see in this picture as well instead of the brown so that the names stand out a little more.  Even though this is a large scale design, these names are actually pretty small.  Overall I am very happy with this project and it will last me many years!

DSC_0009_edited-1

 

Hope you enjoyed my project today and I will be back with another video tutorial on the 20th using eCraftshop Pro!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...